- About Us
- Contact Us
Seesaws Erdington is registered with Ofsted and is located in a converted house in the heart of Erdington, adjacent to Reservoir Road and Six Ways; Seesaws Erdington is the smallest in our family, registered to look after 48 children per day. This is an excellent location for parents travelling into Birmingham for work.
There are five children’s rooms for different age groups:
- Baby suites
- 1 to 2 years old have two rooms
- 2 to 3 years old have one spacious room that can be divided into two to create smaller groups, when required
- 3 to 5 years old have the large pre-school area, which is divided into individual learning areas to ensure every child makes the most of their day at the nursery.
Each room is spacious, brightly decorated and well-equipped with age-appropriate toys. There is a very large garden, which is fenced, very secure and accessible only via the nursery. The largest of all the Seesaws nursery gardens, it is well equipped with toys for all ages, and incorporates a forest schools area.
Opening hours: 7am-6pm
- Pre-school and after-school clubs for siblings, serving Featherston Infant and Junior; The Abbey Infant and Junior; Osbourne Infant and Junior; St Mary and St John Primary schools
- Babysitting on site until 11.30pm, on request
- Saturday nursery, on request
- Party venue for Seesaws children and siblings
- Kool Kids Club summer scheme for children aged up to 12 at the nearby Chester Road Baptist Church Hall, Boldmere. Children can be dropped off at the nursery and a minibus will take them to the club.
Ofsted Reports Erdington
“Staff with responsibility for special needs have a sound knowledge of the procedures and develop good relationships with parents and other professionals. This ensures children with special needs are included in all aspects of nursery life and make good progress. The sound relationship developed with parents contributes to successful outcomes for their children”
“Staff have a good knowledge of the Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage and competently put this into practice. They know how children learn and plan a good range of activities and experiences to cover all areas of their development. As a result children are motivated and make good links in their learning.”
“All children are self assured in their play and confident to try new experiences in a supportive environment . They are sociable and readily engage their peers, staff and visitors in conversation and play.”
“Children are given time and encouragement to use all their senses to investigate a wide range of materials.”
1 Avenue Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6UY. Tel: 0121 350 6521